Henry Purcell: I will thanks unto thee, O Lord, Z 20

Henry Purcell, I will thanks unto thee, O Lord, Z 20, performed by Nicholas Witcomb (treble), Philip Hallchurch (treble), Rogers Covey-Crump (tenor), Michael George (bass), the Choir of New College, Oxford; The King's Consort; Robert King conducting.

To listen, click on underlined movements.

Symphony

I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, with my whole heart *
even before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy Name, because of thy loving-kindness and truth *
for thou hast magnified thy Name, and thy Word, above all things.
When I called upon thee, thou heardest me *
and enduedst my soul with much strength.
I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, with my whole
heart *
even before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.

Symphony

All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O Lord *
for they have heard the words of thy mouth.
Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the Lord *
that great is the glory of the Lord.
For though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly *
as for the proud, he beholdeth them afar off.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, yet shalt thou refresh me *
thou shalt stretch forth thy hand upon the furiousness of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
The Lord shall make good his loving-kindness toward me *
yea, thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever.