Beatam me dicent

Giovanni Vianini chants the antiphon Beatam me dicent with the Magnificat [YouTube]

Beatam me dicent omnes generationes, quia fecit mihi magna Qui potens est.
All generations shall call me blessed, because He that is mighty hath done great things for me.

  • Magnificat anima mea Dominum.
    My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
  • Et exultavit spiritus meus in Deo salutari meo.
    My spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
  • Quia respexit humilitatem ancillae suae.
    He has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
  • Ecce enim ex hoc beatam me dicent: Omnes generationes.
    From this day all generations will call me blessed;
  • Quia fecit mihi magna, qui potens est, et sanctum nomen eius,
    The Almighty has done great things for me and holy is His name.
  • Et misericordia eius in progenies et progenies timentibus eum.
    He has mercy on those who fear Him, from generation to generation.
  • Fecit potentiam in bracchio suo,
    He has shown strength with His arm,
    dispersit superbos mente cordis sui.

    and has scattered the proud in their conceit.
    Deposuit potentes de sede

    Casting down the mighty from their thrones
    et exultavit humiles.

    and lifting up the lowly.
  • Esurientes implevit bonis
    He has filled the hungry with good things
    et divites dimisit inanes.

    and sent the rich away empty.
  • Suscepit Israel puerum suum,
    He has come to the aid of His servant
    Israel,
    recordatus misericordiae suae.

    to remember His promise of mercy.
  • Sicut locutus est ad patres nostros,
    The promise made to our ancestors,
    Abraham et semini eius in saecula.

    To Abraham and his children forever.