Tomás Luis de Victoria: Eram quasi agnus innocens

Jan van Eyck, The Ghent Altarpiece (detail), 1432

Eram quasi agnus innocens:
I was like an innocent lamb.
ductus sum ad immolandum, et nesciebam:
I was led to sacrifice, and did not know.
consilium fecerunt inimici mei adversum me, dicentes:
My enemies plotted against me, saying:
Venite, mittamus lignum in panem eius,
Come, let us put wood into his bread,
et eradamus eum de terra viventium.
and drive him from the land of the living.
Omnes inimici mei adversum me cogitabant mala mihi:
All my enemies devised evil against me.
verbum iniquum mandaverunt adversum me, dicentes:
Cruel words they spoke against me, saying:

To listen to Tomás Luis de Victoria, Eram quasi agnus innocens, performed by The Sixteen, Harry Christophers conducting, while following the text in Latin and English, right-click here, then left-click on "Open in New Window." Then arrange windows.